Thursday, January 8, 2009

Knitting in Grandmother's Attic

When my grandmother passed away many years ago, each of the grandchildren were allowed to pick one item we wanted to from her possessions. I chose "A Practical Guide to Knitting and Crochet with Beehive & white Heather Knittings Wools" book. I was only 12 years old but already a knitter. This book is filled with old patterns from a company in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (where my grandmother was from). I'm going to post some of the patterns from this book. I can't imagine anyone would care if I shared them; I mean the book is aboutt 100 years old. I don't know the exact year it was published because the cover was off when I got it. I hope you enjoy these great old patterns. I'll post one every so often. There are some really fund ones and others that are quite strange! Enjoy

1 comment:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

That is so amazing...what a great book! We found a book at my hubby's grandparents on how to order a complete home for $500.00. It was from the 1930's. Amazing
Great Post..I enjoyed it
Robin
CreationsAnew